Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A walk with God and the dog...

My husband who usually takes the dog for her morning walk, is not feeling well. So, I got up early to take her for a walk. It was a beautiful winter morning. Clear deep blue skies, crisp air and frost everywhere. We didn't see another soul. I was really enjoying this quiet walk with plenty to think about. Missy would walk a few steps ahead, sniffing the ground and looking back at me once-in-awhile. She seemed to enjoy this one on one time together. It all brought back memories of Dad and I taking long walks in the woods and what a close intimate time that was. My thoughts then drew heavenward and I invited God along for our walk. So, it was me, the dog and God. I walked and talked with God as if he was there right by my side and just talked about the things that were concerning me, my dreams, my hopes, my fears...etc. As we got closer to the end of our walk I thanked God for walking with us and for that intimate relationship that is available to me. I asked Him to once again fill me with His Holy Spirit so that I could know him in a more intimate way then I ever have before. I asked that He would continue to guide me and protect me under the shadow of His wing. And I thanked Him for keeping His hand on my life and would He please continue to do that....because, I have a feeling that in whatever life holds for me...I'll need it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me.
Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me.
Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me.
Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me.

2 comments:

As We Sail... said...

What a wonderful blog. It's exciting that the Lord has used you as a seed in the Chinese woman's life. It would be interesting to see how God will use that. We also appreciate Ravi Z.

Being alone in a beautiful piece of God's creation is the easiest time for me to really open my heart to Him. I tend to let distractions of life prevent me from real one-on-one time. My own laziness.

Dara and Tico said...

hi Anita! I found you...I had heard you were in England some time ago...but never knew how to contact you. We are now living in Scotland. It looks like you have done very well for yourself and have been very blessed by God. I am so happy for you! take care! Dara x